Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Defining Moment!

Much has happened the last few days that I wish to share with you, but I will try to spread it out over the next few posts. Being without internet in Western Kenya has set me back a few days. However, there is one specific encounter that I want to share which has been the defining moment of my trip thus far.

On Saturday, before leaving for Kisumu, Cornel, Steve, and I were waiting in Limuru for Duncan to handle some business at the bank. A lady approached us in the parking lot with a huge smile on her face. I realized immediately that she must have been a former client of CARE for AIDS, but I couldn't place her face. She extended her hand, and I offered my usual rudimentary Kenyan greeting. After exchanging a few words in Swahili with Cornel and Steve, she went on her way. After she had gone, Cornel told me that, in fact, she was the bedridden woman from our last video named Sarah. I could not believe it! Nearly two years ago, Sarah could barely sit up in her bed, much less walk. I saw a completely different woman in Limuru, a confident, healthy and happy woman. Cornel translated the brief conversation for me. She said, "I will never forget what you guys did for me. You changed my life. There was a time that I couldn't walk, but now that I can, I walk as much as I can."

This encounter reaffirmed for me that lives are being changed. People are receiving physical and spiritual healing. As CARE for AIDS ages as an organization, it is encouraging to see how our earlier clients have sustained their health and well-being over time. Seeing Sarah has given me a renewed sense of purpose and passion for CARE for AIDS, and I am as excited as ever to get home and tell others how they can be a part of this incredible life-transforming vision.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete