Saturday, March 20, 2010

God's Eyes...



Guest blog and photography by Mark Miller: VP of Training and Development for Chick-fil-A, co-author of bestselling book The Secret, and chairman of the CARE for AIDS Board of Directors.

Years ago, I had the opportunity to shoot for an international missions group. When I asked about the specifics of the assignment, I was told that their staff would pray for me daily that I would “See with God’s eyes.” Their assumption, if I saw as God sees, I’d shoot what I needed to shoot. That has been my prayer ever since. I want to “See with God’s eyes” every day of my life.

With that prayer in my heart, I think I caught a glimpse of God’s vision for Kenya this week. Although I’ve been to Africa many times I saw it with fresh eyes this week. I saw the needs of people, the power of God’s love, and the impact that CARE for AIDS is making in Jesus’ name like never before. From the celebration of graduating clients, to the visits in the homes of clients, to the CFA Staff meeting, God’s hand was evident.


It was inspiring to hear the testimonies of clients at the Banana Hill Center at the end of their 9 month encounter with the love, encouragement, challenge and support from the CFA staff. These men and women live with a renewed hope and vitality that is nothing short of miraculous.

In the home visits, we were given the privilege to hear individual stories of tragedy and triumph. One family told us of the violence and civil unrest of 2008 that brought them to the region. They shared their fears of returning to their previous home and the critical support CARE for AIDS has provided in this time of uncertainty.

At the staff meeting this morning all the CARE for AIDS staff assembled for their staff meeting – God was in their midst! They worshipped, shared, learned and prayed about how to make each center more effective. I specifically enjoyed the remarks form Duncan Kimani, the CFA Kenya Director.

He reminded the staff of three things…

The OPPORTUNITY God has given them as a staff;

The RESPONSIBILITY they have to make the most of that opportunity;

The ACCOUNTABILITY they all share – not accountability to CARE for AIDES, or their local church, but the accountability to God for what’s been entrusted to them.

As I write this post, I think that’s a great reminder for me, and all of us in the States. To whom much is given, much is required. I’m recommitting to do what I can. That’s my prayer for each of you. Let’s not miss the Opportunity, the Responsibility nor the ultimate Accountability for all that’s been entrusted to us.

Please continue to pray for Kenya, CARE for AIDS and that we’ll all see the world with God’s eyes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I'm Nur from Surabaya, Indonesia. Friends of mine are now serving in a HIV-infected community. They have helped them to start small business such as opening a small store and making some crafts. However the businesses don't work well because most people are still afraid to connect with them or their products. Any ideas? You can reach me in nurhayatna1989@gmail.com. Thanks and may God bless you and your ministry abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete